Topics

Thursday, August 18, 2011

" A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." Coco Chanel

I adore French Fashion and Chanel is one of my all-time favorites.  Although, I personally, prefer vintage Chanel (when Coco Chanel was still alive), I daresay Karl Lagerfeld's revolutionary vision is enticing.  His Fall collection is a mix of street urchin/hipster meets NY young socialites.  Karl Lagerfeld's trompe l'oliel "layered" jackets married a shrunken version of the classic Chanel tweedy cardigan over the boyfriend jacket.  What's interesting to note in the apparel in this collection are the arms/sleeves.  Those were eye-catching accessories with innovative variations.  Instead of wearing pantyhose on your legs, you can wear it "fingerless" on your arms.  Some sleeves were cut slightly before the wrists and then reconnected.  The dresses weren't your usual extended gowns, with puffy waists and such; instead they clung to your body.  Even one ensemble had a long sheer skirt.  Most of the models were wearing over-the-knee spiked black boots.  Hats were used liberally too.  This collection reflects the styles seen in the hipster enclaves all over the world.  It certainly doesn't reflect the tastes of those in my generation, but I'm definitely going to invest in arm and hand accessories.

Notice the fingerless sheer gloves and extremely high boots
I imagine Society Mavens will don this without the boots and arm gloves.
I don't like that the boots match the dress. Overkill.
Hipsters would love this.
I'd wear it without those shades and boots.
This mix and match doesn't do it for me.
Interesting detailing of the skirt.
I love the sequined top, but I'd match it with something else sans boots.
I guess this is the Fall's new little black dress.  Reminds me of BDSM bondage.  hehe
I like how Lagerfeld cut the upper arms out.  Trendy look.
That scarf/cowl she's wearing...I must have.  Trendy.
I can't see underneath the skirt, but I bet she's wearing boots.
I like this outfit, but I wouldn't wear it with the boots.
Why do all their sunglasses look like masks?
Very Hipster-esque. Must have those fingerless arm gloves.
No boots!
Something to wear to bed?
Classic Coco Chanel Tweed Redux.
This outfit I'd wear..including the boots.
I can imagine myself walking down St. Mark's Place in this.
Imagine the dress without the arm gloves.

No comments: